Bruce Shapiro: Generated by Cellerator Version 1.0 update 3.0303 using Mathematica 4.1 for Microsoft Windows (June 13, 2001), April 2, 2003 16:49:13, using (PC,x86, Microsoft Windows,WindowsNT,Windows)
Bruce Shapiro: Corrected 29 March 2005
Nicolas Le Novère: Added Dbt and Cyc species, and the corresponding reactions. 23 April 2005
To the extent possible under law, all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this encoded model have been dedicated to the public domain worldwide. Please refer to CC0 Public Domain Dedication for more information.
In summary, you are entitled to use this encoded model in absolutely any manner you deem suitable, verbatim, or with modification, alone or embedded it in a larger context, redistribute it, commercially or not, in a restricted way or not.
To cite BioModels Database, please use: Li C, Donizelli M, Rodriguez N, Dharuri H, Endler L, Chelliah V, Li L, He E, Henry A, Stefan MI, Snoep JL, Hucka M, Le Novère N, Laibe C (2010) BioModels Database: An enhanced, curated and annotated resource for published quantitative kinetic models. BMC Syst Biol., 4:92.
- Robust oscillations within the interlocked feedback model of Drosophila circadian rhythm.
- Ueda HR, Hagiwara M, Kitano H
- Journal of theoretical biology , 6/ 2001 , Volume 210 , pages: 401-406
- ERATO Kitano Symbiotic Systems Group, Suite 6A, M31, 6-31-15 Jinguumae, Shibuya, Tokyo, 150-0001, Japan. email@example.com
- A mechanism for generating circadian rhythms has been of major interest in recent years. After the discovery of per and tim, a model with a simple feedback loop involving per and tim has been proposed. However, it is recognized that the simple feedback model cannot account for phenotypes generated by various mutants. A recent report by Glossop, Lyons & Hardin [Science286, 766 (1999)] on Drosophila suggests involvement of another feedback loop by dClk that is interlocked with per-tim feedback loop. In order to examine whether interlocked feedback loops can be a basic mechanism for circadian rhythms, a mathematical model was created and examined. Through extensive simulation and mathematical analysis, it was revealed that the interlocked feedback model accounts for the observations that are not explained by the simple feedback model. Moreover, the interlocked feedback model has robust properties in oscillations.
- Model originally submitted by : Nicolas Le Novère
- Submitted: 13-Sep-2005 14:25:30
- Last Modified: 25-Feb-2015 12:55:44
(added: 19 Oct 2006, 22:05:48, updated: 19 Oct 2006, 22:05:48)